The wait is over.
Mobile disconnected editing is finally here!
In 2014 we will see some important releases enabling users to collect and edit data in disconnected mode, in areas which lack wi-fi. These mobile apps will provide a range of benefits to mobile users including:
1) Offline base maps which use tile packages (tpk’s).
2) Editable features – points, lines, and polygons.
3) Centralised, shared edits via ArcGIS Online.
4) Offline feature image attachments.
5) Configurable and easy to extend for custom workflows.
WebMapSolutions Mobile Disconnected Editing App is now in Apple and Android Stores
After an intensive period of development, February 7th sees the full release of the WebMapSolutions mobile disconnected editing app to the Apple and Google Play stores:
The mobile app has been designed to be unique in a number of ways:
1) The app is for both GIS and non-GIS users. It has been designed to provide simple workflows. No knowledge of GIS is required, and little or training is needed to start using the app.
2) The app is easy to extend. It is common that organizations have specific needs. The WebMapSolutions mobile disconnected editing app has been designed to be easy to customize. If you have a very specific workflows, the app can be extended to provide the required functionality.
Try the application out for free using either test data, or sign up through ArcGIS MarketPlace to use your own data.
We would love you feedback. Let us know if you have any questions